Classroom Happenings 4/16/18 -4/20/18

Happy spring? It’s hard to believe this weather, but we have to keep the hope that the sun will shine again to warm us up. If your child hasn’t told you yet, I was out of school on Friday because my second grandchild was born. Rafe Brian was born on 4/13 weighing 8#3oz and 20 inches long. Grandchildren are a joy for sure. I am a very blessed nana. 

MathPlease have your child continue to practice facts on Mobymax every day for 5 minutes. Homework in the paper form will still come home on Tuesday and Thursday. We have begun the fraction unit and so far I feel the kids are grasping them fairly well. This week we will learn to compare fractions and find an equivalent fraction. 

Writing:  The kids have been busy taking notes on the biography book they are reading. This week we will start grouping the information into time periods in the person’s life so the kids can write paragraphs for them. 

Spelling: Unit  30 we will be working with homophones (hear, here, their, there, they’re, sea, see) 

You can find your child’s word list on Spelling City:https: //www.spellingcity.com/users/MrsFlory207

Social Studies: We will continue to learn about the Core Democratic Values to support our opinions on public issues

Science: This week’s focus will be on animal adaptations needed for survival. 

Reading: We will also use this time for researching the biographies the kids have chosen. 

Have the Best Week Ever,

Mrs. Flory