Classroom Happenings 1/7/19

Happy New Year and Welcome Back!

I hope this post finds you happy, healthy and ready to tackle all that the new year brings.  Sadly, there wasn’t snow for the kids to play outside, but I am sure the free time was enjoyed no matter what! I wanted to thank all of the parents who made our Polar Express a great way to celebrate the holiday.  Below is a brief video of our party.

Also, I  wanted to personally thank you for your generous and thoughtful gifts. They were much appreciated.

Math: We will continue with unit three with some review of telling time and elapsed time before tackling reading and creating graphs. We should finish this unit by Friday and test early next week.

Writing: We will not be able to get our informational reports completed before the break so we will be working hard to complete those this week. If your child is behind, you may see his/her writing coming home to work on. 

Spelling: There will be a review list this week that the kids will not get until Tuesday so we will not test on these words. Instead, we will work with these words to help get them into long-term memory.

Social Studies: We will review taxes, fees, and fines and then review for the final economics test. Look for a review sheet to come home this week. I will let you know when the test will be. 

Reading: We will be starting book clubs this week where the kids will be reading two to three books from a series. In doing this, the kids will be able to see how the main and secondary characters grow and change.

Reminder:  Friday is an early release day.  Our team will be looking at reading and math data.  We will use this to drive our instruction for the rest of the year.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns. It is best to contact me via email. I check that frequently, so will be able to respond in a more timely manner. nflory@hpseagles.net

Have a great week,

Mrs. Flory