Classroom Happenings 3/11/19

Parent/Teacher conferences: will take place on Monday March 11 and Wednesday March 13. I’m looking forward to meeting with you to discuss your child’s progress. Winter Conference Schedule 2019

Classroom Management Change: the change has been quite successful. For only the second week in, we had no behavior slips sent home this week. The kids are really working hard to follow the classroom rules making it easier for everyone to work hard and learn well.

Math: We have started unit 6 which covers geometric shapes and their properties along with area and perimeter. This unit has loads of new vocabulary for the kids so we will be reviewing each day what we have already learned. The goal is to complete this unit before spring break.

Writing: The kids have all been assigned a partner and a book to read, choose a character and two character traits this character has. They will work together to find evidence in the text to support their claims and write their essay.

Spelling: Your child should have brought home the Unit 19 words on Friday. This week’s focus is on silent letters in words containing (mb, gn, wr, kn, stle)  Below is the unit 19 list of words.

Social Studies: We are just finishing up learning about the brave pioneers who traveled to Michigan to make it their home. Next we will learn the steps involved in becoming a state and the events that unfolded to make becoming a state happen for Michigan. 

Reading: This kids are well into their first biography book and learning how to look for the events in a person’s life that made them who they are/were.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns. It is best to contact me via email. I check that frequently, so will be able to respond in a more timely manner. nflory@hpseagles.net

Bitmoji ImageMrs. Flory