Classroom Happenings 4/8/19

Hi Families! I hope you had a wonderful time enjoying time together over spring break. With only nine weeks left of school, we will be working very hard to complete everything to make sure your students are ready for the fourth grade. We will be taking the M-Step on Tuesday, April 30 and Thursday, May 2. Wednesday and Friday will be make-up days for kids who may need extra time. Please avoid making any appointments on these days.

Math: We will finish up unit 6 this week and test on the unit next week. If there is any time available in your schedule to practice a few perimeter and area problems that would be so helpful to your child. Below is a link to a great site your child can do some practice problems on. Area and perimeter are listed under geometric measurement.

https://www.ixl.com/math/grade-3

Writing: We will be starting the process of writing biographies. First, we will learn how to take notes while we read a biography. Next, we will learn how to use those notes and write our own version of a biography about the person we have chosen to write about.

Spelling: We will not have a spelling unit this week because we will be using that time to work on answering and typing constructed response questions based on articles we will read. Yes, the kids will have to do similar tasks on the M-Step.

Social Studies: We will be starting our Michigan government unit this week.

Reading: We will be reading and taking notes about the person whom we have chosen to write a biography for.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns. It is best to contact me via email. I check that frequently, so will be able to respond in a more timely manner. nflory@hpseagles.net

Bitmoji ImageMrs. Flory