Classroom Happenings 3/25/19

A short four day week ahead before we head into spring break. Have a wonderful week with your children and safe travels to all who are leaving Michigan. Math: We have been working hard learning perimeter and area. As I said, it is a very hard concept for third graders. Mastery is not expected in the third grade. I was hoping to finish this unit before spring break, but it looks like we will need to come back to it again when we return. 

Writing: The kids wrote  On demand literary essays last week. Our next unit of study will be researching and writing informational reports. We will be choosing a person from history to read about and then write our own biography about that person. We will not start this until we return but instead be reading short stories and practicing answering questions about the stories and writing constructed responses to questions about the text.

Spelling: We will not have a spelling list this week due to the short week. Instead, we will be working on some more difficult word endings (suffixes) and doing activities with them.

Social Studies: The history unit is complete and our next unit will be Michigan government. We will be waiting until after the break to start this unit and will instead be using that time to prep for the M-step coming up the end of April. 

Reading: We are continuing with our biography unit. The kids are really enjoying reading about people in history.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns. It is best to contact me via email. I check that frequently, so will be able to respond in a more timely manner. nflory@hpseagles.net

Bitmoji ImageMrs. Flory