Weekly Happenings in room 207

Week of 11/13/17

Brrrrrrr! The cold has arrived and the Georgetown heating is on the fritz. The parts are on order, but please make sure to dress your child for a very chilly classroom.  They also go outside twice a day, so winter coats, gloves and hats are needed as well.

I enjoyed meeting with you for conferences last week. I am blessed to be able to work with your sweet children and have such wonderful parents supporting me.

Spelling: Our spelling unit this week will focus on the spelling pattern Short E and Long E (ee and ea) Please help your child prepare for the test on Friday by doing several of the suggested spelling activities this week.

Math: We have finished our two multiplication units and will be beginning a measurement unit. We will be learning about standard unit  and metric unit measurement for length, weight and liquid volume. Make sure your child continues to practice his/her facts for 5 minutes each night using Mobymax or flashcards.

Reading/Writing: We are starting a non-fiction unit in reading and will soon begin writing non-fiction as well. Your child will be choosing a non fiction topic they already know a lot about to write report. We are asking that you visit the Georgetown Public library (or your home library) to help your child find an age appropriate book on the topic they have chosen. They may bring it to school with them after the Thanksgiving break.

Social Studies: We are right in the middle of our Michigan economics unit. This week we will be learning about how waterways and other natural resources have influenced economic activities such as mining, lumbering, automobile manufacturing, furniture. I will send a study sheet home on Tuesday and we will test on Friday.

Have a fantastic week,

Mrs. Flory