Homework Clarification

My third grade handbook on the blog explains our classroom procedures, but I think there are a few questions still out there, so I will be addressing them below. 

Homework: 

Math Homework will be given MOST Tuesdays and Thursdays. It needs to be completed that night and turned in the following day. 

Fact Practice: The kids are learning multiplication this year. It is important for them to practice these facts for at least 5 minutes each night. They can do this by using flashcards that I will send home or by doing fact fluency on Mobymax. To use Mobymax, your child will have to access it through clever.com.  Go to that sight and have them enter username@hpsstudents.net. Then they can enter their password and clever will open and Mobymax will be on there. Your kids all wrote down their user names and passwords on their agendas today. If it is not clearly written, let me know and I will email it to you. 

Spelling Homework: The kids will take a pre-test on Mondays. If they miss 0-1 words they will receive the challenge list for the week. If they miss 2 or more words they will receive the regular list. On Monday their list will come home with some spelling activity ideas on the bottom of it to help them study their words. Your child can record which spelling activity they did on their agenda in the space provided. I would like them to do one activity each night Monday – Thursday. (I totally understand if it just can’t happen on some days)

Spelling City is one of the choices and the lists are already in there for the kids to click on and start using for the games. 

https://www.spellingcity.com/MrsFlory207/ 

Reading Homework: Your child’s goal for third grade is to read 80 – 100 minutes per week. You may decide how to divide that up among the seven days in a week. I told the kids to try for 20 minutes a day for four days. The time spent reading may also be recorded on the agenda. 

I hope this answers any questions you might have. Let me know if there is anything else and I will happily try and answer your questions or concerns.